Sunday 11 October 2015

Thanksgiving But Also Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Well, I guess today could be too. It's the whole weekend, whatever. And you know what that means--turkey and all the fixings, bitches!! It's one of those days where you can just eat and eat and eat and fuck the diets because food that's why. 

You know what Thanksgiving brings to mind for me? Family, blessings, food, good times and a general feeling of warm happiness? Yeah that's all well and good and I do think of those things too. But I totally think of the movie Four Brothers. Don't roll your eyes, this is not a shock. I compare everything to a movie or a TV show. Such is (my) life. I think it's half because I watched it on Thanksgiving once and half because it takes place around Thanksgiving and there was a scene where they were eating turkey. I think The Outsiders too. Mostly because one Thanksgiving I watched it three times in one day. Yeah, I was like fourteen. I know.

Anyways, enough about movies. Thanksgiving. I truly do love the holiday. It's nice to get together with family and cook all this food and then enjoy it together. There is a general feeling of warm happiness and togetherness and I love it. So, I've decided to write a little blurb of all I'm thankful for. Here goes:

Family. This obviously goes without saying. But I've seen and heard of other families who aren't together or aren't on good terms with one another. There are a lot of families who don't eat dinner together or don't do anything together. That makes me sad and thankful for the family I have.

Friends. This year I've come to realize that sometimes you have to step back and take stock of who you have in your life. There are people who truly care about you and who you know will always be there for you. And there are also people who won't be. You have to make the decision to remove those people from your life and stick close to the ones who matter. I'm thankful for all of my true best friends. 

Health. As much as my paranoid brain would have me think otherwise, I'm healthy and grateful for it. 

Living right where I am. As much as I moan and complain about wanting to live in the past or in another place (New York, California, please take me there now!!) I'm thankful and happy that I live where and when I do. 

Everything in general, I guess. Maybe I'm not in the place I want to be career-wise or love-wise (Where is my future husband? Maybe he has a career for me!!) I'm also happy where I am right now. I'm on my way and I also understand that there is no time limit and that you don't have to have everything in order by 25. 

Okay no more mushy-mushy stuff. It's Thanksgiving, let's eat until we can't eat anymore and then have some pie. Beware of the meat sweats, everyone!! If you watched Friends, you'd get that.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment