Monday 26 September 2016

Don't F**king Call Me Cute!!

All right, listen up ‘cause shit’s about to get real.

Let me start off by saying that I’m pretty damn short. 4’10 ½ to be exact. (And yes, the half counts). I’ve also read articles where fellow short people have ranted about the feelings of anger (or white-hot rage) that the word “cute” induces. But this is my take on it.

Cute is a fine word in itself. A lot of things in this world are cute. A basket full of puppies? Cute. A red and white polka-dot dress? Cute. Louis Tomlinson? Cute. (AKA extremely sexy). But you get the point. It’s fine to describe things as cute when it fits but when it’s said with a condescending tone or even worse, when it’s preceded by “Awww”, it’s one of the most annoying things ever.
I am not cute. 

Don’t fucking call me cute!! I may be short and I may be (mostly) sweet but I’m an (almost) twenty-six year old woman (WOMAN) so please don’t refer to me as “cute” like I’m a kindergarten student. Because it makes me want to cut you and I will cut you. Or, at least, in my head I will, all the while wearing a “cute” smile on my face.

I’m not saying that I’d rather be called Queen Bad Bitch who is awesome, kicks ass, and lives life like a boss but I’m saying that I want to be called Queen Bad Bitch who is awesome, kicks ass, and lives life like a boss.

It’s not even about being short, either. Sometimes people feel the need to have a condescending attitude towards your endeavors or your hobbies or the things that you like. The list goes on. It doesn’t matter what it is. When it’s said, I can feel my blood boil and my eyes roll so far back into my head I can see my cute little brain. And then I get the overwhelming urge to choke a bitch.

I can picture it clearly—someone calls you cute so you respond with something like: “Hey fuck you, motherfucker.” And they just smile and say: “Aww that’s so cute!!” And that’s when I get arrested and go to jail for murder.

Look, if you want to compliment someone, then use the word “cute.” As long as it’s not condescending. I can’t help but laugh at the people who use it that way, though. It makes me wonder why they think they’re so great. You’re not cool so I don’t know why you are under the notion that you are or that anyone cares what you think.

Moral of this very short story? Don’t be the asshole who condescending calls someone “cute” because you look like an idiot and you’re probably going to get slapped. By me.

Though I suppose it doesn’t matter in the end. People can say what they want and they’re going to, whether you like it or not. It’s up to you to let it bother you. And remember, you can always kick someone’s ass and then pretend you didn’t do it. You’re so cute, after all. ;)



This was extremely, random, I know. It just popped into my head and I felt like writing it down. So, take it with a grain of salt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment